Friday, March 5, 2010

I’m not a break down kinda girl ..






I strongly dislike girls who whine and complain and eat ice cream all night and cried their eyes out because life was so aweful yatta yatta! C’mon ladies pick yourselfs back up ! I wouldn’t say I had a break down the other night just a “moment” if you will.And this moment was built up from the stresses of life and school .I had been up since 5:30 from school to work to work to cutting at the fire station (another post) to Weber State again (my new home). I had to watch a two hour lecture then take a test the next morning, except for Weber’s library closes at 11:00 which I only got to watch 1 hr of the lecture, stressed and overwhelmed I gathered my stuff and walked across campus and tripped/ slid on the cement and caught my self at the last minute, which is not unusual for me I am very clumsy it was the “moment” point when I looked around to see if anyone saw? A boy about 5 yards away looked back, I held up my hand up and said “I’m good” he asked are you sure? “ yep, totally in control” I tried really hard not to cry on my long climb back to my car I whispered to my self (with straight arms and tight fists) I can do this! I can do this… I am smart.. I am so smart … This is easy I can totally do this! I did well, no tears were shed ...but close. When I got home that night I was exhausted mentally physically everything .I read these verses in Mosiah :” Thus God has provided a means that man, through faith, might work mighty miracles; therefore he becometh a great benefit to his fellow beings.” There is a “Means” and I can do this and it will be a miracle to finish school  “ But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.” Ok so I’m not in bondage but school is pretty close. In the words of my mother “It always seems worse than it is”
One last gem of inspiration that could only be provided by R Kelly- possibly the cheesiest song in American Rap culture but I love it !and yes I do often sing this to myself.
http://popup.lala.com/popup/504684702258204870

If anybody axe you who I am? Just stand up tall Look 'em in the face and say
I'm that star up in the sky
I'm that mountain peak up high
Hey, I made it
I'm the world's greatest
And I'm that little bit of hope
When my back's against the ropes
I can feel it
I'm the world's greatest!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment