Monday, November 10, 2008

"What to do?"

“What to do?” Was the question on my mind on Saturday afternoon as I pulled in my drive way,Watching my cute little nieces trying to rake up all the leaves to make a pile to jump in. And judging by their arm strength and lack of focus from Jocelyn it would take hours! I hadn’t taken a shower that day, I hadn’t cleaned my room, along with a million other things so “What to do?” Build a giant leaf pile or be behind on everything I was supposed to do that day? It only took a couple of steps to the front door for me to turn right back around and grab a rake.In that moment I realized this is what it’s all about! This is what it is to me a mom it means sacrificing a shower and the house work and taking those little miss matched cuties outside to make a leaf pile, because when all is said and done no one will remember that their moms hair was greasy or dinner was at 9 or that no one matched but they will remember the biggest leaf pile ever built and how it felt to jump into it for the first time. I always watch my sisters and am amazed by the things they do with their kids, zoo days probably once a week in the summer taking them all out to Christmas village in the winter. I get tired just watching them! And I always thought why go through all the effort??? But now I know …I know that one day spent making a leaf pile will be a memory that will last much more than one day. I haven’t done that for years and it brought a lot more joy and satisfaction than anything else I could have accomplished that day.

P.S. And yes once again my pictures are all formatted in a new post.. for some reason that is the only way it will post sorry:)

2 comments:

  1. Well most of the activities that we do with the kids only happen because we know Becca and you are there to help. You guys are the awesomest aunts ever!
    That is the secret: to love your kids enough that they (not yourself) are your top priority. I have just begun to figure that out and work on it. If you've already figured it out you are way ahead in the race and will make a wonderful mom someday!!

    We love ya AMy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Kylie says she wants white fingernails like Amy when she's big!

    ReplyDelete