Monday, November 10, 2008

Nyah

“What to do?” Was the question on my mind on Saturday afternoon as I pulled in my drive way watching my cute little nieces trying to rake up all the leaves to make a pile to jump in and judging by their arm strength and lack of focus from Jocelyn it would take hours! I hadn’t taken a shower that day I hadn’t cleaned my room along with a million other things so “What to do?” Build a giant leaf pile or be behind on everything I was supposed to do that day? It only took a couple of steps to the front door for me to turn right back around and grab a rake, and in that moment I realized this is what it’s all about! This is what it is to me a mom it means sacrificing a shower and the house work and taking those little miss matched cuties outside to make a leaf pile because when all is said and done no one will remember that their moms hair was greasy or dinner was at 9 or that no one matched but they will remember the biggest leaf pile ever built and how it felt to jump into it for the first time. I always watch my sisters and am amazed by the things they do with their kids zoo days probably once a week in the summer taking them all out to Christmas village in the winter I get tired just watching them! And I always thought why go through all the effort??? But now I know …I know that one day spent to making  a leaf pile will be a memory that will last much more than one day. I haven’t done that for years and it brought a lot more joy and satisfaction than anything else I could have accomplished that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment