Tuesday, October 14, 2008



OK by request only am i posting this sucker:)And because only my sister Michelle finds great humor in my ridiculous life:) ok i really was just waiting for my friend to post pictures because you would get better visual but here it is:)

SAW
(Suicide Awareness Walk) (Ok really it’s called AFSP American Foundation Suicide Prevention)
Last Saturday me and my amigos did a walk for suicide awareness…why? I don’t know why it was kind of random… But we did. I had no idea there was such a walk for suicide Awareness??? So basically this walk consists of maybe 100 people walking 1 mile around 25th street so we sign in and get our sexy red t- shirts then we get to sit in hot plastic chairs in the hot hot sun as a suicide attempt-ee tells us his story of his trials and his victories to over come them. We have a moment of silence then suicide attempt-ee leads us in our 1 mile walk. Along the walk is people about every 25 steps with hand made poster of facts of suicide victims my favorite fact: “More woman attempt suicide but more men go through with it.” ( not actual words but I forgot the numbers) so pretty much women are failures all around we want to kill ourselves therefore failing at life and then we don’t complete it therefore failing once again. Ha-ha I guess props to men for actually completing something (in a sick twisted way) Any who we were rewarded for our torturous walk with warm water, granola bar, and life savers with a little AFSP flyer oh and I almost forgot a rubber orange bracelet. All in all it was good, we got a free t-shirt some sun a little exercise and good feeling all over knowing…?.....? Knowing…..? We walked….uh…not really sure how we helped people who are thinking about committing suicide??? And come to find out that suicide attempt-ee who gave the speech about turning his life around was put in Jail on Monday. SO not sure that walk did any good but make for a memorable Saturday and a good laugh

2 comments:

  1. There you go saving the world again AMY. I could walk for a cause too you know!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Amy...you are so funny! I'm glad you finally came clean about blog stalking but the truth is...I've been stalking your blog thru Traci's too!
    We're so funny.
    So yeah...check out Melanie if you want to. I tried to get your phone number but was unable to. Good luck!

    Tam

    ReplyDelete