Friday, October 17, 2008








She’s 12!!!
I can’t believe it! My little sister which we call Bean is 12 wow! For her birthday we went to Wingers why? Because she had never been there and thought it was such a magical place. Which it turned out to be because she got her first cell phone and first American eagle brand clothes. I started to think back on little Miss Aly and how 12 short years ago she was born and how blissfully happy me and my sister Becca were. We so badly wanted a little sister we begged our parents to no end! But they always said that 7 kids were plenty and that they were done. Well SURPRISE!!! My mom went in for a check up because she wasn’t feeling right and they discovered a little bean was in the oven before they had announced this news me and my sister asked my dad if we could pray for another sibling and knowing my mom was already Prego my dad said sure. So we prayed day and night at every dinner “Please bless mom will be pregnant?” ha-ha and then on my 8th birthday I received one free gift certificate for a little sister redeemable October 16th 1995! Yay! You would have thought Becca and I had died and gone to heaven! My older sibling were slightly turned off seeing how they were in high school and that may not have been cool. But none the less they had Aly my mom 39 my dad 43! And I am so glad she completed our family as the 8th child! Being the only two left at home now I would have gone crazy just me and my parents! Aly is such a funny person she has this unique ability to write and say hilarious things one of our families favorites that we still say to each other to this day is “Fish it up pingee” she told that once to me when she was mad also some good lines of hers” I think my speed bumps are growing in” “my moms face is as soft as the fuzz on a peach” “What’s a pen….is?” (That’s one for you Michelle) “She was as soft as a wiener dog’s paw, and as light as a lamb.” “Oh ya will your hair isn’t even real!” (That one cut me deep) And many more that we still repeat to this day When she was Two or so she burnt both of her hands on a wood burning stove at my aunts house and had both of her hands wrapped for several weeks and when she got mad and she couldn’t scratch she would bite me and everyone else my mom was asked to not bring her back to nursery because she bit all the kids. Random things about Aly:
-she lost her front teeth at age 2
-The first song she learned was Brittany Spears “ Hit me baby one more time”
-she once got out of the tub and put a whole container of Vaseline on her head, her hair didn’t grow for a long time!
-Her favorite car is a purple mini van
- She is very loving and smart, and is a fast reader. She loves to play with our nieces and take care of them.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAN!!!

3 comments:

  1. that is such a cute tribute to your little sister. I always wanted a little sister but never got one dangit. Maybe I should start praying now...my moms only in her 50's! ha Happy birthday Amy's little sister...Bean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday BEan...take a good look 'cause this will be you someday!

    Oh and would you rather turn 12 or cur off your p.....?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I need the digits to call the little cell phoner!

    ReplyDelete