Tuesday, August 24, 2010

CREEEEPIN

I can feel it. It’s getting colder. I can see it. Green is leaving. The pool is closed the parades are over the stores smell of plastic backpacks crayon boxes and newly sharpened pencils. FALL IS CREEPING IN. No not yet! It feels like summer just began I need more days at the pool more adventures on rope swings more sleeping in and afternoon hikes I need one more bonfire up the canyon one more late night sleepover one more bbq one more outside game night one more long boarding trip one more star gazing night. Not yet fall I’m not done with summer. Summer 2010 has been an unforgettable one. I have met so many people and have never had so much fun I even have friends that are girls…me Amy kept more than one friend that is a girl …impossible usually I’m a strong bug repellant for girls not this summer! I can’t believe it was a summer I almost missed I was so scared to move up here the first three night I cried myself to sleep I felt so alone ..It was so different I knew no one; I had no idea how to find my way around Provo now 5 months later I can’t imagine my life any other way. I have learned so much in this short summer time I learned to be happy, when people refer to Provo as Happy Valley it is true, everyone is so happy here! Not a fake happy but these people are legitimately happy. Not to say that Provo is not strange though the first week I was here I saw people walking while reading scriptures or even riding their bike and reading scripts. Really? Yes really. Every day this summer I wake up to the smell of tanning lotion from Seven Peaks I open my blinds see the Y and the pretty mountains 15 feet away I head straight to the pool .then I drive by a hundred or so boys dressed in white shirts with name tags on my way to work, teach something I love for a couple hours then head back to a party every night. I have fallen in love with Provo and Provo in the summer has proven to be awesome! Fall is creeping and I have to let summer go! Like all good things it must come to an end but if Provo in the fall is anything like Provo in the summer sign me up!

2 comments:

  1. AMy.. you are so funny! i love you! we need to get together soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can name more than one girl that is your friend... Don't forget about us here in O-town.

    ReplyDelete