Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Karma






Oh my, Karma has struck me once again and it all happened because of that dang bedroom set from RC Willey's which only took two months and two weeks to finally get. But oh I love it! But oh how long it took to get here! first there were two vital parts missing from the frame, when I asked the ware house man about it he said "Can't you just put it together without it" "No sir I cannot, you see without those pieces my mattress will fall right though” little ticked but moving on another week passed the part was not there then it was back ordered, then it was not even made yet, then the other pieces of the set were MIA. Anger over took me and with encouragement from friends to call and complain I did just that. The conversation went a little something like this
RC Willey Customer Service: Hello how may I help you?
Me: How are you going to help me? Here is how you are going to help me you are either going to give me something or give me a percent off of something or work your little RC Willey magic and do something to make me a happy customer because I am really close to not being a customer ever again! I continued on with my sad sad story with some anger mixed in I went on for a while but I was pretty unhappy with the sitch.
RWCS: Oh ok ok mam let me get your number and I can look up your account and see what I can do
Me: proceed to give my number
RWCS: ok got your account..wait Amy? Amy Hansen? Is that you?
Me: heart racing all the mean things I just said flooding back into my mind! Who could I possible know that works in the customer service????
Me: uh… Yes that’s me...?
RWCS: It's me Ryan ...Your home teacher
Me: Good Gravy! Heart sinks! Out of all people it had to be Ryan one of the nicest people I have ever met. And my home teacher none the less!
Me: oh Ryan I am so sorry I didn't know it was you? (Not like I should have treated any customer service person that way)..rambles
I just wanted to hang up and crawl in a deep deep corner and never come out!
Ryan: Hey no worries that is what I am here for
He was super nice and ended the conversation with well as your home teacher is there anything I can do for you?
Me: No I think my complaint about covers it...

*Then the dreaded eye contact that following Sunday I gave a shy half wave as I had my head slightly down, he just smiled big and gave a wink. Thank goodness for forgiving people.

No comments:

Post a Comment