Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just when you think there is no good in the world....





Darn snow! Ok actually I like the snow I am just not a good driver in it, I will be the first to admit that. I tend to freak out when my car starts sliding I don’t drive by barriers or semi’s because I always think I am going to crash into them, I have anxiety when I have to change lanes I stop a mile before any red light. the whole time I am driving I think of what I would do if I got stranded in a snow storm or how I would clean a wound from a car injury, I know I’m crazy. So I have done fairly well this winter except for last night driving home from my sisters house I made it from Farmington to south Ogden and then it was icy and I slipped a little then a little more and a little more until I was slid into a little snow pile off the side of the road. Not to far into it and no damage to me or my car but deep enough that I was stuck!and before I could even get out of my car there was a man at my window and I noticed three cars had pulled over to help me three strangers a girl my age a boy my age and a mid 30’s man they instantly started digging around my car I was amazed that these people would stop and be so willing to help me and they didn’t even judge me for wearing sweat pants a huge white puffy furry coat white socks and black slip on shoes smeared make-up hair slicked back no question, unfortunately my car was stuck but fortunately they had a rope that they tied to their truck and pulled me out. I wanted to pay them or give them something or do anything but all I could do was thank them and thank them and that’s all they would accept they all asked if I was ok and followed me almost all the way home, Maybe because I looked like a hobo and they wanted to make sure I had a home .Just when you think there isn’t good in the world people surprise you and have a heart. And are helpful to a complete stranger. I truly believe everyone has goodness in them it just shines more when they are put in a situation to shine. I probably will never see those people again but I learned a lot from them last night to be more giving to help those in need to not judge to thank my heavenly father for my safety and gratitude for kind people. (Oh p.s. if you read this don’t tell my mom she will think I am reckless lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment