Thursday, September 4, 2008

FlAsH BaCk!


Every year since I can remember my uncle Danny has invited our extended family to come swimming at his house. So this last Saturday was the day! It was so much fun playing with my nieces all day! As I watched them I realized how fearless they are. They were jumping off the diving board, and going down the slide head first without any hesitation. And I had a crazy flash back...THE SLLIDE DUN DUN DUN! Something I haven't thought about in a really long time. I have never had stitches or a broken bone but one injury I have had was on that slide. I remember I was about 6 or 7 when I got enough courage to go down the slide I was really terrified of it, and it took alot for me to climb those 13 metal steps to the top. As I peered over it I realized everything was a 1,000 miles away from me! AAHH! so being the chicken shiz that I am I decided to climb back down I don't really remember what happened but I fell off the top stair of the slide and hit my head really hard and my arm! I got to sport a blue sling for a week or so after. Due to the pain and embarrassment I experienced I decided I would never back down from an opportunity to go down the slide again ...literarily

1 comment:

  1. Amy I think it's time to face your fear...don't worry we'll put extra water on the slide so you don't get scuff marks on your bum!

    ReplyDelete