Monday, December 14, 2009

"Oh Fudge!"






A couple of Sundays ago I did something bad something I am not proud of...And why am I sharing this with the world? Because you know what sometimes the truth must be said on your blog. It can’t be all roses and new babies and wonderful husbands this is real life people and it happens. And it all started with peanut butter bars. I was cooking them for a young man in exchange for season 5 of LOST (just so you know how important these were) unfortunately I had never made them so it was very tricky I put the butter in the microwave to soften and continued mixing the wet ingredients, then the dry and then in the oven they went. There was one minute left on the timer till they were done and I realized THE BUTTER! It was still in the microwave I forgot to take it out and mix it in! Ah crap! So I proceeded to make another batch I was very frustrated, it was Sunday dinner a million family members around children running babies crying yatta yatta! And that’s when it happened I knocked over a drink in the middle of my cooking it spilled all over and ruined the cooking book and several other things and that’s when the words slipped out of my mouth like the melted butter “Oh S#@&” the room fell silent it was like that scene in The Christmas Story when Ralphie blurts out “Oh Fudge!” It was in slow motion just like that scene. Realizing there was little ears around I tried to cover it up with a couple of “Oh shoots” but to late the damage was done, my family members slowly began to giggle I think due to the shock that they had never heard me say a swear word in my life and, that is why I am not proud of myself, I hate swear words and strongly disapprove of them. And worst of all my mom said “I didn’t even think you knew that word” sigh …yep just like a sailor mom I know them all. After that I vowed to never let a foul word come out of this pretty mouth again I also vowed to never make those “D@*#” peanut butter bars again 

2 comments:

  1. haha oh amy, you are too sweet. I love it. don't worry, little ones are resilient and you haven't ruined them, yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being one of your siblings and knowing the others I can say with confidence that all of these children have already or will shortly hear some kind of profanity in the near future! So don't be too hard on your self!
    As you said life isn't all holiday goodness...sometime there are peanut butter bar moments!
    Blame it on all the grandkids running around...I say that because mine were not there!
    If you want some penance go with Palmolive!
    HAHA HA!
    P.S. Great job on the punctuation! :) LOL

    ReplyDelete